If you love Pumpkin Pie, you'll LOVE these!! They are a soft cookie with a delicious caramel- like frosting... heaven :-) I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine and modified it myself.
1 Cup butter, softened
1/2 cup each sugar and packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin (apparently I did not see this or read it correctly- I added 1 can!! Mine came out maybe a little too soft, but still yummy!)
2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( I used separate spices; cinnamon, cloves and ginger to taste.)
1 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
The Frosting
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and the pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
2) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 mins. ( mine were perfect at 10 minutes baking time.) Place on wire racks or foil to cool.
3) For frosting, combine brown sugar and butter into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil;cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Cool in a bowl for 10 minutes. Add milk; beat until smooth. Beat in enough powdered sugar to reach desired consistency. ( I added about 1 cup. It was a thin frosting and I dipped the cookies right in to give them a glaze!)
Makes about 4-1/2 dozen cookies
1 comment:
Looks amazing!!!
Post a Comment