Our house is full of crabby patties today!! Maybe it is the weather!? Even my sweet Paisley is being grouchy- I cannot figure her out today. If she is being nursed to sleep or held, she is content.. but the minute I put her down, she cries. This is not like her. She is generally a very good baby- cries to eat, that's about it. Maybe it is just a tummy ache; we will see. She is asleep in her swing for now while her sisters go NUTS!! DId I mention in my last post how much I am hating this rain!? They have no outlet, when usually they will go in the backyard and play for hours.
Thomas started midnights, which I hate!! Getting adjusted to the schedule is not only hard on us, but even harder on him. It is very difficult to keep these kids quiet and keep myself from yelling; which I feel I do too much of. These past few days, The older girls have not been listening. And I find myself yelling more and more. Since, let's face it, a good portion of my day is spend on the couch nursing the baby and I have to yell to capture their attention most of the time. I just feel like a bad mother for yelling. Their attention spans are very short... they will do something with me for a few mins and then just want to be doing their own thing. SO the schedule that I once had of craft time, outside play, puzzles... etc... seems they do not have much interest in anymore. They enjoy wrestling eachother, hitting, playing "house" ... pretend play mostly. Oh well... All I can do is try. As I am writing this, Ayla is the Mommy and Hailyn is the baby.... it is so funny hearing them talk to eachother and play. They are growing up so fast!
Next month Ayla will be starting preschool... my goodness!!! I cannot believe it! I am getting nervous about the mornings.. taking her to school with all three kids to get ready; including myself. This will be VERY new to us. Looking forward to the change. Ayla needs school- she needs the interaction. I am just hoping that she handles the change well and adjusts quickly. So sad :-(
Pray for me to keep my sanity as this rain continues.. ha ha :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment