Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Little Family Update

"Cheese!"
Hailyn looking cute
Chillin' in her swing
Hanging out watching 'The Backyardigans."
My little Candy Cane theif!! She kept stealing them off of the Christmas tree!!
The Loves of my Life!
She LOVED the Christmas Tree!
First time in her Jumperoo- She is not quite sure what to think.
All Bundled up!
Ayla playing 'Tea Party!'
I will start with our smart little 17 month old, Ayla. She is so outgoing and definitely knows what she wants and let's face it, doesn't want. She tells Daddy and I to "stop it" when she does not like something we are doing. She will even say it to her toys if she gets frustrated and cannot figure something out. It is so cute to hear her talk, but at the same time... she needs to know that it is not nice to say "stop it" to her parents... :) She says so many words. The other day in the car, she said "Hailyn" it was so sweet hearing her say her sister's name in her sweet little baby voice. She is so smart and talks a lot for her age. She tells me when she has a poopy diaper by patting her diaper and saying "stinky." She is into EVERYTHING!! She is my little tornado. I swear, 10 mins after cleaning the house top to bottom, there is stuff everywhere. Comes with the territory I suppose. I am constantly on the go... which is why I can never find the time to get on the computer and update my blog :) Ayla is always happy- She Loves being outside- I swear,she would stay outside all day if I let her. She cries when I open the front door and she does not get to go out- I try to get her out at least twice a day- even if it is just playing in the front yard for a while. She is growing up too fast!
As for our sweet little 4 month old, Hailyn- she is growing like a weed. She was 18 pounds at her 2 month visit and 25 inches long. She has her 4 month visit onn Thursday- so, we'll see how much she has grown. Which, I have to face it, she is going to be VERY tall! She is already wearing 12 month clothes! She is ONLY 4 months old! I had so many newborn-3 month baby clothes that she did not even get to wear... what a shame... ha ha- Ah well! Just means I get to buy more! She is a very happy baby. She smiles and laughes all the time- she is very ticklish, which is so cute! She loves to snuggle with her Mommy! She also loves looking and laughing at her sister. They love eachother already, which is so neat to watch. I have watched their relationship evolve as Hailyn grows- it is so amazing. Ayla is so interested in her- as is Hailyn. It is just so cute! Hailyn started to roll over a day before she turned 3 months. She can now roll over from front to back and from her back to her tummy. She is very developed for her age. She loves to play on the floor with her toys- which she is just getting the hang of keeping her grip on them. She is definitely the best surprise of my life!!
Things have been going great for us. 2007 came and went. It was one of the best years of my life so far- We welcomed Hailyn into our family- and watched Ayla grow into a smart little toddler. I would not change anything. I am excited to see where 2008 takes us. Thomas and I will be married 2 years on the 4th of February. I cannot believe that 2 years have already gone by. And then I look at my daugters and cannot believe that it has only been two years. Been married two years and have two beautiful children- Life is Good!! :) We do not have any huge plans for our anniversary. We cannot get away for a few nights because Hailyn is still nursing, so it makes it a little difficult, but... we will definitely go out for a few hours and enjoy eachother. I cannot wait !! :)
I hope everyone is having as good of a start to 2008 as I am!! To all my Family and Friends.. I LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!! XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.