Sunday, June 27, 2010
I wonder. . .
Who am I if I am not a Mother and a Wife? Somewhere between the I do's and the diapers I have lost myself along the way. A few days ago someone asked me what my interests were? What I liked to do for fun? Me? Aside from story time, bubble blowing,and sidewalk chalk? It took me forever to mutter a single word... took me so long to think about what I enjoy. I finally stuttered.."umm.. I like movies.. and .. uh... books. "
It really got me thinking.. I need to focus on myself a little more. Yes, I am a mother to three beautiful children. Yes, I have a wonderful Husband. But somewhere, I am still me. I need to do something that makes Me happy. So, I have started blogging again, which I enjoy. I am also on the right track to losing weight. Being Happy with my body is something I have always struggled with. I Just want to get back to feeling somewhat attractive again. I want to feel good in what I wear. I want to enjoy buying an outfit for myself instead of it feeling like a chore. I just want to be Me. I love being a Mother more than anything in the world, but if I am not Happy with who I am, then what kind of Mother am I? I want my children to have self confidence and be happy with themselves and who they are. For me to teach that, I need to believe it in myself. Kids are smart, they pick up on everything, no matter how subtle. So, I am not only working on my outside appearance, but sort of re-vamping the indoors a little too. Couldn't hurt, right?
I want to start running again. Exercising makes me feel good, or at least it once did. I am sure I will not feel so great after the first few work outs if you know what I mean? But I will get there. I have to believe it.
So... I am going to try and do something once a month that I enjoy. Something just for me. It may take me a while, but I WILL find myself again. I can hope at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel ya girl!! I made it my resolution for the new year to do something for ME in 2010 and feel better about myself :) That's why I started kickboxing... Also Tim and I decided to at least buy an item of clothing for ourselves each month or more...want to be the hott momma, not the slob that I've become :) I think it's good for you!! You should read Burned Toast by Terri Hatcher...It made me feel better about taking some ME Time:)
I'm glad you are blogging! and thank you for reminding me of your blog. You are such a good writer and a wonderful friend in addition to being a beautiful person - and mommy and wife :-)
Aww Becca! Your comment made me tear up. THank You for your sweet compliments. I think you are an amazing friend. Thank YOu!!!I am always so envious of you. Sewing, baking, cooking... and such a sweet and patient Mommy! If noone has told you lately, you are doing a great job- especially all on your own!! You are one strong Woman :)
Kelly, I will have to try reading that book. I also think that the clothing thing is a great idea.It is hard for me to go out and spend the money on clothes right now knowing I am losing the weight. I guess I can buy one pair of pants and a few shirts since the shirts i Will not outgrow as quickly as I am hoping I will the jeans ;) I need to tell my hubby that. He too lets himself go as far as clothing. We get wrapped up in the kiddos. I am glad you are taking time for yourself Kelly. You are one Hot Mama!! :)
Post a Comment